A functional and beautiful home is important for you and your family. When it comes to home improvements and maintenance projects, your budget is likely a major deciding factor when it comes to upgrades. Use this guide to learn more about home maintenance projects to match any budget.
The Most Expensive – Major Renovations and Upgrades:
- Upgrading Your Kitchen – full kitchen makeover $21,700 average up to $40,000-$50,000.
- Remodeling the Bathroom – Average remodeling is about $10,000. For high end jobs can exceed well over $20,000.
- Replacing Your Roof – On average it costs homeowners using professionals anywhere from $4,000-$10,000 or more on a 2,200 square foot home. Many opt for repairs instead.
More Affordable Options:
- Apply a Fresh Coat of Paint – averages between $380 and $790 per room
- Update Toilet Fixtures – On the low end, the cost can be $130 to $350. On the high end, fixtures can range from $500 to $1,000 or more for high tech.
- Improve Curb Appeal – Projects like pressure washing your driveway should cost under $200. Updating your mailbox can make a big difference too, for less than $500.
Home maintenance can take every penny out of your savings account, but not all projects cost as much as the down payment on your home. Make smart repairs and upgrades and the money you put into your home will pay off in the end!
Reference: Realty Times Staff